Re: User group in SW Missouri?

Stan Hoeppner wrote:
On 7/14/2012 9:39 AM, Chris wrote:
On this topic, is there someting near the Peoria Illinois area?

From: "Richard Owlett"<rowlett@cloud85.net>

I knew of groups in the St. Louis and Kansas City areas.

In my experience these gatherings serve mostly a social function, not a
technical/learning function.  Are you seeking camaraderie or knowledge
exchange?  If the former I'd suggest the local bar&  grill.  If the
latter, simply participate in online fora.  In small market areas,
you'll be hard pressed to find a UNIX/Linux users group, let alone a
Windows group.  Your odds of finding regular LAN parties is likely much
greater.  If you want to spend time with other computer geeks, and
you're into gaming, LAN party is prolly your best bet.

You pessimist YOU ;/
I do not know about Chris, but I'm looking for face-to-face time with some one more Linux qualified than I. NOT a really restrictive requirement ;/

There *IS* a reason for our designation as "fly over country". Not to mention that within 1000 sq miles cattle, hogs, &/or poultry each outnumber homo-sapiens.