Re: Please check whether your package is mentioned in tasks files (Was:RFS: FreeFOAM)

Le 12/06/12 11:36, Andreas Tille a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> On Tue, Jun 12, 2012 at 10:48:19AM +0200, Thibaut Paumard wrote:
>> Can you please add the following packages to the astronomy task?
>>
>> yorick-mira
>> yorick-spydr
>> yorick-yao
>
> This makes the following packages in the task matching "yorick"
> (including the packages which were just there):
>
>  Depends: yorick-cubeview, yorick-mira, yorick-spydr, yorick-yao
>
>  Suggests: yorick

> [...]
> Does anybody think we should mention more yorick related packages?

Hi,

I'm the maintainer for all these packages. The packages I suggested for
the astronomy task are the most astronomy specific and are (mostly)
usable by people who don't know yorick yet. On the other hand, most
users who actually run the yorick interpreter will want to install all
the other plug-ins as well.

Yorick itself (and some other plug-ins) is a dependency of each of the
yorick-* package, so it doesn't need to be suggested by the task, other
than for information to the users.

Regards, Thibaut.