Request for review: jetty8

Hi,

as a part of preparation process for packaging Eclipse 3.8, we have to
make an upload of jetty 8. Current version in Debian sid is 6.1.24-6 [1]
that is no longer compatible with upcoming release of Eclipse.

I created jetty8 source package in git[2], it allows me to build Eclipse 3.8 and
works fine within Eclipse (mainly for serving help content), but as I'm not a
regular user of this HTTP server, I'm asking for a review of the package before
filling a RFS.

For now, jetty8 is installable alongside current jetty 6 packages from sid, as I'm
not sure if we can make a direct 6 -> 8 upgrade or will we have to keep the old
version in repository because of packages depending on it and not compatible with
the new version?

Regards,

Jakub

[1] http://packages.debian.org/sid/jetty
[2] http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=pkg-java/jetty8.git

Jetty is a 100% Java HTTP Server and Servlet Container.  This means
that you do not need to configure and run a seperate web server (like Apache)
in order to use java, servlets and JSPs to generate dynamic content. Jetty
is a fully featured web server for static and dynamic content. Unlike separate
server/container solutions, this means that your web server and web application
run in the same process, without interconnection overheads and complications.