Re: Proposition to package gnatgpr and adadesigner for Debian

On 04/04/2012 12:19 PM, Ludovic Brenta wrote:
> David SAUVAGE - AdaLabs Ltd writes:
>> [...]
>>
>> [1] https://gna.org/projects/gnatgpr
>> [2] https://gna.org/projects/adadesigner

Ludovic,

> For now I'll comment only on gnatgpr, since adadesigner depends on it.
> The most recent revision in your Subversion repository (r83) is 7 months
> old

yes, it just does the job needed (for my perimeter), so not a lot of
modifications ...

> but here are my comments anyway; some of them might no longer be
> relevant.
>
> - do not include a copy of the GNAT sources in your repository; this is
>   a recipe for endless trouble copying & merging from upstream sources.
>   Instead, use libgnatvsn and libgnatprj.

This is a major issue, as libgnatvsn & libgnatprj are patched because of
2 issues :
1. It gets his own Namet and so on (needed because would be erroneus
while using ASIS at the same time).
2. It can extracts some especially craft comments in the gpr project file.

I think consequent work would be needed to avoid 1, while 2 could be
integrated in the source, but 2 is small compared to 1.

> - do not include a copy of the AdaControl sources (options_analyzer) in
>   your repository.  Instead, modify the packaging of adacontrol in
>   Debian to produce a pair of "liboptions_analyzer" packages (-dev and
>   runtime), so you can build-depend on them.

great!

> - [debian review]

Thanks for the review,

> [...]