Re: What do SMEs and consultants want from the debian project?

On 02/17/2012 09:06 PM, Michael Meskes wrote:
> Well there are bigger players offering real support for Debian.

Here in Germany, I am aware of four medium-sized companies offering
Debian support, including yours, and one big company (SerNet), who
should be doing it (but I'm not sure).

I didn't want to say that *no* bigger company offers Debian support, but
my overwhelming impression is that this is at least not well advertised,
and often disclaimed entirely (eg. last I spoke to someone from IBM or
Deutsche Telekom). And then, there is still the question of
certification for applications.

Please prove me wrong.

TIA!

Kind regards,