Re: Simple default ISO generation fails

On 09/02/12 02:05 PM, Daniel Baumann wrote:
On 02/09/2012 06:50 PM, Daniel Ellison wrote:
The mystery is solved. I didn't have live-boot installed in my wheezy
development environment because it was an optional step, as I recall.

with 'development environment', do you mean the host system or the
resulting live system?

The host system. Which I now realize makes no difference whatsoever.

you do not need anything except live-build (and it's depends) on the
host system, but you will need live-boot and live-config (plus their
backend packages like live-boot-initramfs and live-config-sysvinit) on
the live system.

I do have live-boot etc. on the live system. I just can't figure out how to affect the live-boot init script as you described. There's a "live" hook in chroot/usr/share/initramfs-tools/hooks after running "lb build", but this gets reconfigured in the process of creating the ISO.

Sorry if I'm being dense here, but I don't know where I'm supposed to be enabling debugging with "set -x".