Re: Removing web server dependencies from web apps

On 01/06/2012 08:56 AM, Thomas Goirand wrote:
The issue is that most PHP packages in Debian have dependencies on web
servers, most of the time with something like this:

Depends: apache2 | httpd, libapache2-mod-php5 | php5-cgi

I would not say that your chroot setup is typical. Or common.
I would suggest creating your own empty apache2 package with version 9999, which you will install in this chrooted environment.

Also, it's very surprising to see that we have dependencies for web
servers, but most of the time*not*  for mysql-server, which is as much
needed in order to run these applications. I really don't understand the
logic behind this.

Because mysql-server can (and actually very often) is located on different machine.

Mirek