Re: exim4 router problems since 2 days / sucpicous process "zinit" is pstree

Thomas Krichel wrote:
chattr -sia /bin/ps ; scp root@nebka:/usr/bin/ps /usr/bin/ps ; sudo apt-get -y install --reinstall procps

So, in effect, did you possibly give away your root password or pass phrase key for the netbka machine?

I wouldn't be that trusting, you already know you were compromised -- best to re-install clean if you ask me.

In the Windows world, my advice is the same, no matter how well you clean things, there is always the possibility that something nasty will remain undetected; it isn't worth that risk IMHO.

Cheers

--
Kind Regards
AndrewM