Re: The number of popcon.debian.org-submissions is falling

Am 20.07.2010 23:18, schrieb Holger Levsen:
Hi,

On Dienstag, 20. Juli 2010, Bernhard R. Link wrote:
I think there should be a popcon mode where it only reports the
installed packages.

and it should be the default.

Maybe the default value at d-i for popcon should be set to true (report popcon statistics).
atm it is false.

Yes I know, that many people (I am including myself in general) think, that we may abuse the data privacy with this default value, but..

1) if $user read the message, he still could decide to deactivate it
2) with `installed packages only' I think no privacy data will be submitted
3) we get more popcon data, which helps Debian and his users