RFS - mapcatcher

Hi prospective Mentors  :-)

I am looking for a sponsor for my package "mapcatcher".

* Package name    : mapcatcher
  Version         : 0.7.2.0-1
  Upstream Author : Helder Sepulveda<helderse..@gmail.com>
* URL             :http://code.google.com/p/gmapcatcher
* License         : GPL V2 +
  Section         : web

It builds these binary packages:
mapcatcher - GMapCatcher is an offline maps viewer.

The upload would fix these bugs: 589254

My motivation for maintaining this package is: mapcatcher [GMapCatcher] is a
fast, quickly-developing python map viewer that includes gps integration;
download maps while connected to the internet, then it works as a map viewer /
gps for good. Includes satellite / terrain / hybrid maps when the map
service supports them; it downloads the map tiles that are the basis of web
map services; it already includes 8 of the major web map services, as well
as integration of all the various gps hardware that gpsd supports. Advanced
downloading features allow downloads of large areas / details of paths. It
looks as though it is basically the pre-eminent app in its field, so would be
a worthy addition to the debian repos.

The package may be found at mentors.debian.net:
- URL:http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/m/mapcatcher
- Source repository: deb-srchttp://mentors.debian.net/debian  unstable main contrib non-free
- dgethttp://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/m/mapcatcher/mapcatcher_0.7.2.0-1.dsc

I would be very pleased were someone to kindly upload the package for me.

Kind regards

Mark Benjamin

http://www.halloit.com

Key ID EE8E4DE8