our repository grew to 0.5 gig - can we reduce that somehow?

Hello,

we should probably be proud of it, but I admit to also find it rather irritating that we have accumulated now half a gig on Debian
folders for Debian Med.

$ du -sh debian-med/
404M    debian-med/

I just checked out the whole tree and, well, a couple of years ago this was my month's download limit. In short: I think we are in
dire need to cut bits out.

My suggestion is to go for the tags, which I never understood or liked, in particular since I today (many thanks to Charles) for
the first time made good use of Debian's snapshot machine http://snapshot.debian.org/ . This would bring it all down to around 130MB.

I don't know about how much bandwidth this would save our servers, but the least I can tell is that it would save me some time and
probably would help to shy off newbies a bit less to have the full thing on their laptop.

Other ideas? Or should we just not care?

Best,

Steffen