Re: Archive area for clamz (Amazon MP3 downloader)

On 05/31/2010 12:54 AM, Yves-Alexis Perez wrote:
On dim., 2010-05-30 at 21:18 -0500, Ron Johnson wrote:
Clamz just moves some bits from Point A to Point B.

I hope you don't use this as a definition of dfsg-free?

Hardly.

My (possibly flawed) thinking was originally raised here:
I just read http://www.debian.org/social_contract and it says nothing
> about the kind of *data* that programs can touch; only software,
> source code and the licensing of that source code is mentioned.

Sean Finney seems to think the same way I do:
better yet, tell me which item in the DFSG says that a program can't be
Free unless all the purpose or data handled by the software is also Free.
hint: there isn't one.

--
Dissent is patriotic, remember?