Re: Correct binary for Intel Core i5

Peter Tenenbaum put forth on 2/20/2010 4:51 PM:
> Hello there --
>
> I am planning to assemble a new computer for my home, and to run debian
> linux on it.  I'm planning to use an Intel Core i5-660 CPU in this
> computer.  From the documentation, it looks like the correct binary to use
> is the AMD64.  Is this right?  Does anyone know of any problems running
> debian AMD64 on Intel core-i5 processors?

This is the proper binary for the core i5, but that's the least of your worries.
 Your real concern should focus on whether Debian/Linux has all the drivers for
the various hardware devices on the motherboard and in the expansion slots,
including, but not limited to:

1.  GPU
2.  Network interface
3.  SATA controller