Re: Disable ipv6.......

On Thu, 2 Jan 2014 18:08:49 +1100 Charlie sent:

> # rmmod ipv6
>
> libkmod: ERROR ../libkmod/libkmod-module.c:1802
> kmod_module_get_holders: could not open '/sys/module/ipv6/holders': No
> such file or directory Error: Module ipv6 is in use

Thank you Ivan and Pi for your help.

I think the message above is spurious, a remnant of something that has
not yet been updated from Wheezy.

I can't recall for certain, but this is how I usually do an install and
this is an install on a new machine.

I installed wheezy to get all the packages I wanted to use up and
running on the system. When I had it working the way I wanted, I
changed the /etc/apt/sources-list to jessie and updated and upgraded.
Then have the system I want up and running and work from there.

So I am certain now that I don't have ipv6 enabled at all, and that
message can be ignored.

Many thanks once again for your kindness.

I wish for you all the things you wish for yourselves in the new year.
Charlie
    --
	Registered Linux User:- 329524

	Indeed, history is nothing more than a tableau of crimes and
	misfortunes. ....Voltaire