Re: GNOME 3.8 and awesome wm

Hey all,

> awesome wm with gnome-session <..> all sorts of issues since upgrading to 3.8:
>
> - layouts not switching
> - media keys not working
> - indicator icons (battery,layout) not showing up
>
> However, all works very well indeed in gnome-shell, so looks like it is
> something in the way awesome interacts with gnome-session/settings-daemon.

I just wanted to confirm this. I don't have media keys or a laptop; in my case
I noticed because of the broken keyboard layout switching, the fact that the
screen no longer blanks after the time I set in gnome-control-center, and the
fact that my wallpaper is no longer managed.

If it matters, I start gnome-settings-daemon in my .xinitrc (and have done so
since forever). The only thing it still appears to handle is the GTK theme.

I could resort to separate tools for all those things, but since the problem
only started with the 3.8 upgrade, I intended to write to this list to check
if something might be off with gnome-settings-daemon. (I didn't yet, because
I thought it might be useful to check with a new user first, which I haven't
gotten around to yet).

So I'm curious as well on how to go about finding out what's wrong..

Best,
Tom

--
np: nothing