call for Jessie artwork proposals

Aloha, hackers,

As some of you notice from the slamn' default background in wheezy[1], (BTW;
a round of applause for Adrien Aubourg for creating Joy!) we ask
for contributions to the debian-desktop team in the form of themeing.

This is the official call for proposals for the Jessie cycle. Please
look on the wiki[2] (thank you, Valessio Soares de Brito for creating
the page!)

So, if you'd like (or know someone who'd like) to create a desktop look
and feel that will be seen by trillions[3] of people, be sure to send in
your artwork ASAP!

Breaking with tradition, I'd like to have the re-themed desktop in place
well before freeze, to ensure we have time to properly integrate it.

I'm picking the arbitrary deadline of Feb 5th (subject ot change) for
artwork to be submited. I know this isn't a lot of time, but we can
iterate as we integrate.

The artwork is usually picked based on which theme looks the most:

  - "Debian"

     (I'm not defining this since I think everyone has their own take
      of what Debian means to them)

  - plausible to integrate without patching core software

      (As much as I love some of the insanely hot looking themes, some
       would require heavy GTK+ theming and patching GDM/GNOME.)

  - clean / well designed

      (without becoming something that gets annoying to look at a
       year down the road - I think Joy does a good job of this)

This year, do keep in mind the Debian logo *is* freely licensed, so feel
free to use it in your theme.

For more information / details, please post to the Debian Desktop[4]
list, I'll set the reply-to, if others want to continue this thread
there.

Mahalo!
  Paul

[1]: https://wiki.debian.org/DebianArt/Themes/Joy