Re: [RFR] Press release about Debian on public clouds

Le Fri, Mar 29, 2013 at 03:07:31PM +0100, Stefano Zacchiroli a écrit :
> On Thu, Mar 21, 2013 at 01:26:50PM +0800, Paul Wise wrote:
> > I like the buildings analogy for this stuff:
>
> Hi Paul, thanks for this writing. I quite like this analogy and I agree
> with Charles that it could be use as a nice basis, at least as an
> intuition to document Debian cloud offerings.
>
> Again, to make this true we could use someone drafting a "cloud" page
> for www.d.o; ditto for the equivalent of a "download" page for it. See
> #695681 for a reference on this.

I have created wiki pages to facilitate the drafting of our additions
to www.debian.org.

 * http://wiki.debian.org/Cloud/www.d.o-draft
 * http://wiki.debian.org/Cloud/www.d.o-draft/philoshphy

In the "philosphy" page (for which a better name may be found), I have pasted
the analogy from Paul's email.

I think that it would be nicely complemented by a final paragraph
explaining how Debian support the use of Free software at various
levels of trust in the cloud systems.  Something like the following ?

"The Debian project supports and promotes the use of Free software at every
level of the trust chain.  The software we distribute is split between the
main, contrib and non-free sections so that our users can not depend on
non-free firmware without noticing it.  Debian is the universal operating
system, which can operate a network infrastructure, virtualised hardware, cloud
systems, remote services, and the client systems that access them."

This misses Free hardware.  Do we distribute packages that are related to the
conception and production of free hardware ?

Cheers,

--
Charles