Re: debian-multimedia.org considered harmful, Was: Unofficial repositories on 'debian' domains

On Tue, Mar 06, 2012 at 10:23:33AM +0900, Norbert Preining wrote:
> On Di, 06 Mär 2012, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
> > > the Blends framework.  I would most probably drop some file
> > >
> > >    /etc/apt/preferences.d/01-disable-dmo.pref
> > >
> > > in multimedia-config metapackage (where all other metapackages usually
>
> And I would file a serious bug against that. There is no reasoning
> behind that is in any way reasonable.
>
> Only because these are providing similar packages starting
> a "hunting down the enemies" race is irrational, or even worse,
> simply stupid.

In how far is it stupid that if a metapackage intends to install a set
of _Debian_ packages featuring multimedia tasks to make sure that really
these packages are installed while enabling a user to install, say
acrobat reader in addition without influencing the set of multimedia
packages available inside Debian?  It is not about hunting down anything
but installing reasonable preconfiguration - local admin can override
this for sure.

I wonder what criterion of serios bug would apply here.  Just for the
sake of interest because I do not intend to implement this personally.

Kind regards

      Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de