Re: debian-multimedia.org considered harmful, Was: Unofficial repositories on 'debian' domains

On Mon, Mar 05, 2012 at 04:42:50PM +0100, Reinhard Tartler wrote:
> In summary, I can only advise everyone against enabling that
> repository on any machine.

If I would have time to become a pkg-multimedia member I would try to
establish installing multimedia applications via metapackages build be
the Blends framework.  I would most probably drop some file

   /etc/apt/preferences.d/01-disable-dmo.pref

in multimedia-config metapackage (where all other metapackages usually
depend from).  This would enable those users who really know what they
are doing picking singular packages via well defined preferences from
d.m.o if needed and prevent users who blindly inject "random sources"
inside their sources.list from killing their system.

Kind regards

       Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de