Re: Unofficial repositories on 'debian' domains

On Mon, 2012-03-05 at 17:56, Thomas Goirand wrote:
> On 03/05/2012 03:40 PM, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> > But before getting there, the question is whether the existence of the
> > website (and its popularity) poses problem to Debian reputation and/or
> > to the activity of official Debian multimedia packaging. I think this is
> > a question for the Debian Multimedia Maintainers (as in
> > <pkg-multimedia-maintainers@lists.alioth.debian.org>) to answer. If they
> > see a problem with debian-multimedia.org, we should get in touch with
> > the website maintainers and solve the issue.
> I do think this website hurts Debian, and its user community.
> Let me explain, it's based on my past *user* experience.

I don't agree with you here.
For me d-m.o was (and still is) valuable resource.
Some codecs missing in Debian packages because of the policy (I don't
blame Debian for that) and in that case d-m.o is best option for me
because I don't want/have time to package it from the source.

[...]

--
Kind regards,  Milan