Re: piuparts failure for comerr-dev?

Hi,

On Dienstag, 5. Juli 2011, Scott Schaefer wrote:
> On 07/04/2011 06:27 PM, Theodore Ts'o wrote:
> > http://piuparts.debian.org/sid/fail/comerr-dev_2.1-1.42~WIP-2011-07-02-1.
> > log
> >
> > This looks like a missing sid.tar.gz file, which is not a problem with
> > the package, but some kind of configuration problem?   Will piuparts
> > automatically retry the test at some point?

yes.

(This probably has happened already, but I'm offline and can't check.)

> [...] I expect that either:
>
> a) all recent packages have failed with same error, or
> b) config file will be rolled back or "fixed"

NOTA :)

The explaination is another: every first day of the month the $suite.tar.gz's
are thrown away and recreated, sometimes this fails, usually for sid.

This part of code should definitly be improved. (ie to first try to recreate
the $suite.tar.gz (each day, if its older than a month) and if that succeeds
the old one should be deleted...)

> In either case, failed packages will likely be manually rescheduled.

Actually, they will be automatically rescheduled after 7 (?) days but usually
I notice this kind of problem and reschedule them sooner manually. (As I did
yesterday.)

> If
> not, then they will be restested during next "section run" (which is
> basically the entire archive, and takes 3-4 days).

Thats really wrong, in several ways :-) First, testing the whole archive (for
a single suite) takes approx. 2 weeks. Then, this doesnt happen (except in
very rare cases, in the past 2 years twice or three times I think...)
(The whole archive is tested continously, rotating the suites to be tested
every 100 logs.)

And then, some failures (those which are not failing due to brokenness in the
package being tested like missing $suite.tar.gz or broken network on the
piuparts host) are automatically detected and those packages are automatically
rescheduled after some delay.

Plus, since some months now, old logs (no matter if failed or succesful) are
also automatically deleted, to catch changes in the installed dependencies and
the base system. The criteria for these deletions are: delete up to 200 logs
(per day) older than 6 months for the sid and wheezy suites.

Scott, (that all said) thanks for reading this list and jumping in, even
though your answer was not fully correct! You might want to check
svn://svn.debian.org/svn/piuparts/piatti/home/piupartsm and piupartss ;-)
As noted in trunk/TODO this should really be moved to trunk and made part of
to be created piuparts-master/slave-packages.

cheers,
	Holger