Re: package thermometer improvements

On Tue, Jun 21, 2011 at 08:29:57AM +0200, Francesco P. Lovergine wrote:
> > What do you mean by "missing products"?
>
> Still not packaged in any form. It works as a hook to remember possible
> interesting products to add to the current software stack,

As I said this is implemented in the long tasks pages.  As a suggestion
for the short list as in the thermometer I could imagine to add a one
line entry per missing (we call it prospective which sounds more like
"we intend to work on it") package and link to the longer paragraph on
the tasks page which usually contains more relevant information like
"packaging stuff in Vcs", "WNPP", "inofficial packages somewhere",
"package in new queue" or whatever.

> > Well, the target audience for the thermomenter is the team who is
> > working on the packages.  While the tasks pages are more user centric
> > and the bugs pages are focussing just on the bugs I clearly intend to
> > support those developers - and I want it for all Blends.
> >

> Definitively yes. It would be of interest for us and many other.
> A Debconf or GSoC goal?

DebConf!  It is to less work for a real GSoC project and I would like to
get it implemented before next autumn.  Moreover this seems to be a topic
which is not grabbed by students (I just have tried in two previous years
where some more stuff needed implementation).

> In the first case I would be happy to
> cooperate about that.

Great.

See you at DebConf