Re: Setup xterm to use TrueType Fonts in .Xdefaults or .Xresources

On Sun, 20 Feb 2011 18:06:56 +0100
Csanyi Pal <csanyipal@gmail.com> wrote:

> Csanyi Pal <csanyipal@gmail.com> writes:
>
> > Lines that I tried to use for this setup in .Xdefaults doesn't works
> > when I log out/in into X Window system, but only works when I run
> > the command 'xrdb -merge .Xdefaults':
> >
> > xterm*geometry: 90x40
> > xterm*renderFont: default
> > xterm*cursorBlink: true
>
> If I use .Xresources file instead then I get the right geometry and
> the blinking cursor when I log out/in into X Window system.

I believe .Xdefaults is no longer used.  The system
file /etc/X11/Xsession assigns

USRRESOURCES=$HOME/.Xresources,

which is what is used [by /etc/X11/Xsession.d/30x11-common_xresources]
to merge your resource file.

--
Joe Riel