Debian frontpage feedback

Hi,

thanks a lot for working on the layout of the Debian website! :-)

Having said that...

- I'd propose to have 13px as the absolut minimum font-size. Anything below is
just not readable by many users. The current font-size of 9.75px for small
elements is a pain to read.

- Text columns should not be to wide. If they are, the eye looses orientation
and the text get's more unpleasant to read. I've found the following
guidelines: 60-80 characters or 10-12 words (in english texts) or 30-35em.
<http://www.elmastudio.de/webdesign/typo-tipps-fuer-webdesigner-fliesstexte-
gestalten/>

- You could put the news and security advisors on the frontpage in a column on
the right and thus making the main text narrower.

There are some other smaller points. But since I don't have any education in
design I'm not sure if I'm right about it. It would maybe be best to get the
help of a professional web designer.

Beste Gruesse,

Thomas Koch, http://www.koch.ro