Re: squeeze-ignore for Bug #509287?

Hi,

On Tue Sep 14, 2010 at 14:24:29 +0100, Neil McGovern wrote:
> This mail should be sent to the debian-release mailing list, copying in.
>
> On Tue, Sep 14, 2010 at 12:32:57AM +0200, Erik Schanze wrote:
> > please let me kindly ask for setting squeeze-ignore tag for
> > serious Bug #509287.
> >
> > Afio has a problematic license, but in my opinion it should
> > not block the squeeze release. We collected all possible information
> > and discussed the topic with different persons.
> >
> > I'm sure it was intended as free software, even if the license
> > is not 100% clear about that, but hey, is was 1985 and the
> > guys did more hacking and sharing in newsgroups than developing
> > license texts.
> >
> > Over the years this changed and nowadays we have many licenses
> > you can compare, you could get already done analysis and choose the one
> > which fits best.
> >
> > Please do not let die afio.
>

> Given that this had a lenny-ignore tag and has been open since December
> 2008, I'm not happy giving it a squeeze ignore tag. Please note that
> this isn't a comment on if the package severity is correct or not, or
> the interpetation of the licence means that it's free/contrib/non-free,
> it's just that I'm not happy ignoring this issue for yet another two
> years.

Given that we had no reaction since September 14 (more than a month from
now), i am about to remove that package from testing in 10d from now.

Due to r-depends I will need to remove some other packages too:

* mondo
* tob

Cheers,
Martin
--
 Martin Zobel-Helas <zobel@debian.org>  | Debian System Administrator
 Debian & GNU/Linux Developer           |           Debian Listmaster