Re: our repository grew to 0.5 gig - can we reduce that somehow?

On Tue, Jul 20, 2010 at 08:35:31AM +0900, Charles Plessy wrote:
> I do not recommend to remove the tags: they are useful information and on the
> server side, they are not duplicating data. The problem is how have lean
> checkouts without the tags.

If you are using 'UNRELEASED' as distribution during development, and
just finalize the changelog before upload (e.g. via dch -r) and commit
that changelog edit with a standardized commit message (e.g. "Final
changelog for foo_1.2-3"), then it is also reasonably easy to check out
a particular revision without needing tags.  Having tags doesn't hurt,
though (except for the reasons mentioned in this thread), of course

Michael