Re: Astronaut inclusion in Debian-med.

On Mon, Jul 19, 2010 at 05:33:02PM -0500, Ignacio Valdes wrote:
> Do you mean that I would have to use tools like Alien?

No, on the contrary.

> Are their
> required tools to create both rpm's and deb's from the same source
> set? I simply did bash script sed type pre-processing that is on the
> launchpad.net site in their entirety to make them both work from the
> same source.

You need to use dpkg-buildpackage (or its wrappers debuild or better
pdebuild) to build the package (see Developers Reference [1]).  Looking
at

   http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~ivaldes-hal-pc/astronaut-vista-server/trunk/files/head:/gtm/DEBIAN/

there id no rules file, the control file is invalid and the postinst is
dealing with "/opt".  I have no idea what to do to get a Debian package
from the files you provided.  The default way to build a Debian package
using the tools mentioned above leads to a Debian source package
containing a *.dsc file and a file which contains the diff against the
upstream source (in source format 1.0 it is diff.gz in 3.0 it is
debian.tar.gz).  We need to create these files using the normal build
process to upload to the Debian archive and the content inside the
package needs to be in /usr not /opt and not /usr/local or something
like this.

I would love to cooperate with anybody who is willing to do this work
and has some (at least basic) knowledge about GT.M (which I do not have).

Kind regards

        Andreas.

[1] http://www.debian.org/doc/developers-reference/pkgs.html#sourcelayout

--