Re: German Debian

On Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 04:00:51PM +0100, Vincent Danjean wrote:
> On 24/03/2010 14:38, Marc Haber wrote:
> >>
> >> All of Debian or just the website?
> >
> > Unfortunately, all of Debian. Translating technical texts from English
> > to German is controversial at its best, and the Debian translators
> > have taken my least favorite approach of eliminating all English,
>
>   I already read translation in French (my native langage) of Debian
> Weekly News (a long time ago...) that I did not understand. I had to
> read the English text to understand the French one...

I guess you know the existence of debian-l10n-french, whose address is
displayed at the bottom of each translated page, so that you can report
any issue like mistranslation, lack of clarity, or anything you think is
wrong ?

Same as software, translation might be broken. If the people that notice this
brokenness don't report it to anyone, it will be kept broken.

Thanks for your future reports :)

--
Simon Paillard