Re: Invite to join the Release Team

Hi,

On Thu, Mar 18, 2010 at 08:35:05AM +0100, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> On Wed, 17 Mar 2010, Marc 'HE' Brockschmidt wrote:
> > There is also the issue of the release notes. This was a problem for
> > lenny, and it doesn't look like it will get any better for
> > squeeze. The release notes need to be updated for squeeze and upgrade
> > and installation tests on different configurations should be
> > organized. It's a bit early to do it, as many components of squeeze are
> > not done yet, but at least finding people who would be interested in
> > working on this would be great.
>
> Wasn't Simon Paillard <spaillard@debian.org> (symoon) supposed to take
> care of the release notes? At least I have seen him dealing with
> bugreports against the package.

Thanks for the "invitation". Let's "invite" Franklin and Nicolas too.

It appears Raphael mixed with Franklin (in CC, hi Franklin), who was
invited by Luk to lead/take care of squeeze release-notes during
previous Debconf, and subject has been discussed at Debconf with nerkal
and jfs too.

Still, indeed I helped W. Martin Borgert (debacle) in lenny
release-notes, and started with Franklin to collect some relevant items
from -devel, bts and planet.

http://bugs.debian.org/release-notes

What we've observed from lenny releease-notes that there were quite few
reports from maintainers, so IMO we should remind them soon to
report major changes in behaviour/config to RN (and NEWS.Debian).

Getting and reading a lenny -> squeeze diff of all the NEWS.Debian would
be a start (though it may be a too exhaustive method).

Using bts 'affect' may be another good method to get grave bugs opened
bugs on the RN radar.

> Not sure that it includes test upgrades...
[..]

At least it did not for lenny. JFS did many upgrades tests for previous
RN.

PS: I will not be available during 1 week, don't expect replies soon.

--
Simon Paillard