Re: Notes on IRC meeting

On Wed, Mar 17, 2010 at 04:35:48PM +0000, Sune Vuorela wrote:
> It is also a problem that the longer we wait for a new major kde release
> to put it in debian, the harder it is to get upstream to care for the
> problems we get into.

Afaics as a mere user, KDE upstream stops caring about their releases
about the second the tarball is out of the door.

> And it is also a problem for the KDE team that we are working hard to
> get something ready in order to just get stalled by other things. This
> also hurts our ability to attract and keep new people for the Debian KDE
> team as it might take months for their work to be able to reach the
> archive.

KDE is a huge pile  of code with an even higher number of dependencies,
which is neither easy nor fast to maintain.

Greetings
Marc

Nordisch by Nature |  How to make an American Quilt | Fax: *49 3221 2323190