Re: ROOT 5.32/00 for Debian Squeeze

Hi Antonio,

I think you are right. It is fairly effortless to keep the packages in the CERN
repository, and I would argue it is fairly easy for interested users to add
that repository. I do not believe it is a major issue for the maintainers to
get an account on the server. It is also quick and easy for us to revoke
packages that are broken.

Perhaps using something like alioth to keep the build scripts stored somewhere
might be a good idea though. Unsure if you already did that.

>From Roucaries:
> The problem is that root is pretty hard to correctly package. it is
> geant package, that need a lot of patch in order to be build properly
> on debian. And upstream is does not help. When you submit patch they
> said we do not support debian, use your own repo..

I agree, it will not be possible without a significant effort, and I'm not gonna
argue that it would be worth it. Luckily during the time I maintained it I
didn't have to change the patches a lot, they were very well done by Kevin
McCarty.

Cheers,
Yngve