Re: EFI in Debian

Le vendredi 06 juillet 2012 à 05:32 +0100, Ben Hutchings a écrit :
> 1. General consensus in the project that supporting the option of Secure
> Boot, including purchase of a Microsoft-signed certificate, is
> worthwhile and not entirely objectionable.

Not entirely objectionable indeed, but it really depends on what we
would have to pay for.  As long as it is only covering for
administrative costs of Microsoft emitting a new certificate, it is
fine.  If OTOH we have to pay a fee just for our software to work on
platforms that just happen to be using Microsoft’s certificate, this is
clearly abusive.  I would object to do so, and I believe we would (at
least in Europe) have a very strong case in court against such practice.

--
 .''`.      Josselin Mouette
: :' :