Re: gnome fallback, etc??

Le vendredi 29 juin 2012 à 01:21 +0200, Svante Signell a écrit :
> Thanks a lot, it seems to be located in gnome-session-fallback package.
> And it will be part of Wheezy too?

Yes.

> Some time ago the fallback version
> was unavailable when a 2D solution was found.

Huh? This had only been the case for a few weeks and only in
experimental

> BTW: I wonder how to configure applets and extended features with the
> Gnome 3 session, provided by the gnome-applets and
> gnome-shell-extensions packages. I did not find out how to do that,
> still using it on the laptop. alt+right click does not work. And is
> there a way to disable the 3D functions, the laptop has only 1GB memory
> and a slow graphics card (I think it is an i915).

You have to understand that the “GNOME” and “GNOME Classic” sessions are
based on different software (resp. shell and panel). With the shell, you
enable extensions using gnome-tweak-tool. With the panel, you can edit
it like with GNOME 2.

Cheers,
--
 .''`.      Josselin Mouette