+dfsg

For the (lib)freefoam* packages I am building I came across some
non-free files in the source. I got some remarks that the non-free files
will have to be removed and the source will have to be re-packed in a
new +dfsg tar file (instead of providing patches in debian/).

As I will have to remove an entire directory, containing a module, its
parent directory contains a CMakeLists.txt file containing
'add_subdirectory(subdir_containing_non_free_files)'
My question is: do I have to provide a patch in debian/patches which
contains the change in the CMakeLists.txt file or should the file be
modified before repacking?

Thanks, Gerber