Re: speakup in Debian kernel and installer

Hi Sam,

As you know I attend to promote linux as accessibility tool. That's why
I try some solutions, even these I don't use myself daily (speech in
particular). That's also why I tried gnome-orca 2.30 even if I had to
install testing package on my stable (Gnome 2.22) and I suspect it
causes issues.

I've wanted to test speakup for a long time but never understood how it
works. As you tested, can you explain to me what has to be entered.
speakup is included, for example, in LFS livecd and Debian, seems the
only solution in such contexts. I heard of drivers... but what drivers?
How can I know those supported? Is there a relationship with kernel as I
see in this treead (LFS livecd has an older kernel (2008))?

Actually, do you have a tutorial about this point to know what I've to
enter, what are available drivers, what's the role of the kernel's
release.

Thanks,

Regards,

Jean-Philippe MENGUAL