From: Arnaud Patard (Rtp) [mailto:arnaud.patard@rtp-net.org]
Sent: Tuesday, August 07, 2012 12:12 PM
To: Chris Wilkinson
Cc: debian-arm@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: SS4000E Kernel v3.4 Config

"Chris Wilkinson" <kinsham@verizon.net> writes:

> Continuing this quest to move my kernel to 3.4 so I can use Arnaud's LED
> patches. This problem with v3.4 kernel failing to detect the network card
> seems to be inherent in 3.4.
>
> Latest attempt was to install using the daily-images
> http://d-i.debian.org/daily-images/armel/daily/iop32x/netboot/ss4000e/.
This

http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/pool/main/l/linux/linux-image-3.2.0-3-iop32x
> _3.2.23-1_armel.deb
>
> I used the initrd.gz from the daily-images. I wonder if this is the
problem?

the network driver is in module so you need to find a way to load it
while installing with d-i. Given that the zImage size is 1.5MB, maybe
you can try putting the ethernet driver built-in instead of module to
workaround that ?

Arnaud