From: Arnaud Patard (Rtp) [mailto:arnaud.patard@rtp-net.org]
Sent: Tuesday, July 17, 2012 3:44 PM
To: Chris Wilkinson
Cc: debian-arm@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: SS4000E Fan speed, LEDS and power button

"Chris Wilkinson" <kinsham@verizon.net> writes:

Please note that I'm about to talk about em7210 so things may be different
on em7220.

> Has anyone succeeded to control the fan speed according to
> temperature,

the fan is handled by a w83792*.

> control the front panel LEDS and power off with the power button on
> this device?

The leds are handled by the f75111 chip from fintek. There's a driver here
http://git.rtp-net.org/?p=ss4000e.git;a=tree The needed patches are :

f75111.patch
add_f75111_pdata.patch
em7210_add_missing_leds.patch

I'm using them on top of 3.4 for several weeks now.

For the buttons, there's em7210_add_gpio_keys.patch. It was relying on
custom gpio input driver but there's nowadays needed stuff in mainline.

> I built http://lm-sensors.org/ but it couldn't recognize any sensors.
>
> I also haven't been able to figure out how to set up 4 disks in a
> RAID5. The d-I only prompted to install 1 disk. I can format/mount the
> other 3 and but don't know how to create the 4-disk RAID.

RAID5 needs only 3 drives, so create the RAID5 on 3 drives and then add the
last one as spare.

Arnaud