RE: GNU license questions

Hi Martin,

I believe that V is released under the Gnu Library General Public License.
This license differs slightly from the GPL in that you can use it in
commercial products.  However, you must provide a means for the end-user to
be able to modify the library itself and still use it with the product.  If
the library is implemented as a shared library under *nix or as a dll under
Windows, then this requirement is satisfied, as the user can recompile the
shared library or dll and use the changed version with your product.  If you
choose to statically link the program with the library, then you've got to
provide at least the object code so that the end-user can modify the library
and re-link.

There are a few other minor requirements, but the major one is that users
must be able to modify the library if they wish, and to use the modified
version with your program.