Re: [Nbd] nbd-client and SIGSTOP/SIGCONT

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the patch. This same thing was the first thing I tried, but quickly realized that more was needed. When -ERESTARTSYS is returned (without first shutting down the socket), we re-enter the ioctl, create another thread, and that thread prints out "nbd3: wrong magic", terminates, and we return -EPROTO to the client, which also terminates, and the block IO is hosed.

So, I experimented with keeping both the thread and the socket alive on ERESTARTSYS (I moved the thread ptr into the nbd_device struct). But I still saw errors in nbd_read_stat(), and didn't have time to investigate further.

I think I might just hack killall5 for now, to prevent it from sending the SIGSTOP/SIGCONT to nbd.

Regards,
Ian