question about locales used in the LSB tests

I have been looking at the testsuites and running them on some Linux
boxes and also on our Tru64 UNIX system. I notice that the locales are
not POSIX compliant/conformant (you choose the right term). The POSIX
specifications have a well defined representation for the portable
character set (PCS) that is not in the locale definitions in the psldefs
directory. This seems odd to me, as well as something that is fairly
simple to correct.

Can someone comment on the locale definitions that are used and perhaps
why they are not POSIX compliant?

Thanks,
wendy