Re: Package System specification, revisited

Hi Raul,

An application typically can be contained in a package or a set of packages. In
either case it doesn't matter because you (the developer) determine the package
dependencies.

The package(s) that make your application may have dependencies (it may not).
If you depend on a package that is not part of an LSB distribution and you don't
include that package with your application (thus making it part of your
application) then it won't be LSB compliant, because it won't run on a stock LSB
system.

Phil

(and yes assigned name space is important)