Re: [klakier@pld.org.pl: Standard libxml-based processing scripts for DocBook?]

Eric Bischoff <eric@caldera.de> writes:

> I'll be integrating XML support in the docbook-utils package. You are welcome
> if you want to help. However I'm not sure that it will be based on libxml,
> it could be based on xalan/xerces as well. I'll be doing performance tests

As regards xalan C++ I do not have good experiences (mostly core dumps).
I also do not like their code and build process.

Libxml is fast, and IMHO more maintainable.

So far I find saxon most valuable tool for me, as far as java processors are concerned.

> as well. One issue I also want to resolve is support for DTD and XSLT customization
> like KDE and Gnome ones: XML is poor at finding where files reside (unlike SGML)

And IMO that's good. Catalogs were supposed to be useful solution, but managing
them is really a pain and source of problems.

> and this could be helped by choices at LSB normalization level.

I agree, all we need is set of standarized path names :)

Where can I find docbook-utils primary site (CVS repo)?

Regards,
Rafal

--
Rafał Kleger-Rudomin (klakier@pld.org.pl)