Spam on lsb lists (was: Re: Email Advertising Special--Ends Friday)

På 2000-Mar-25 klokka 23:09:00 +0100 skrivet Hugo.van.der.Kooij@caiw.nl:

: I advised them to inspect incoming messages to verify that either the To:
: or Cc: was set to the mailinglist itself. (I've done so myself on another
: mailinglist and it keeps out most SPAM.)
:
: All very recent ones however were addressed to the mailinglist and can't
: be stopped that way unless the list becomes moderated or restricted to
: members only.

I see no reason at all why folks who aren't subscribed shouldn't be
allowed to post.  It's rather routine to subscribe to mailing lists
nowadays.

--
jim knoble
jmknoble@pobox.com