Re: Install profiles

Hi Simon,

Le vendredi 16 juin 2023, 16:32:19 CEST Simon Richter a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> On 16.06.23 22:29, David Kalnischkies wrote:
>
> > The topic of "conditional dependencies" comes up once in a while, and
> > that is basically how this came up as well – as a pipe dream. I was
> > somewhat surprised Julian would actually go and post it seriously.
>
> > The things you usually want to express with those are roughly:
>
> > * if X, do not install foo (aka: bar recommends foo for printing, if
> >    machine can't print, don't install it)
>
> > * if X do also install foo (e.g. install firefox-l10n-de if firefox
> >    is installed and user wants german language packs)
>
> All of these could be done with "negative" packages, even today.
>
> Recommends: foo-print | no-printing
>
> Recommends: firefox-l10n-de | no-task-german

I don’t see how this is manageable, unless I’m missing something.

Currently firefox has 101 firefox-l10n-$lang packages.
Do you mean that firefox would have the 101 Recommends: firefox-l10n-$lang | no-task-$lang dependencies and users would need to install 101-n no-task-$lang packages for all languages they’re not interested in ?

Thanks,
--
Aurélien