Re: non-essential adduser poses problems to purging packages

Hi,

Quoting Nicolas Dandrimont (2023-05-18 20:51:04)
> On Thu, May 18, 2023, at 10:03, Marc Haber wrote:
> > adduser probably needs an additional hint because the new upload makes
> > piuparts fail now, as discussed yesterday.
> To work around this issue on the piuparts side, it sounds like we should make
> piuparts treat adduser as fake-essential for tests ending at bookworm or sid,
> so that we don't try to uninstall it; Andreas, what do you think?

a more general solution would be to skip uninstallation on all packages marked
with Protected:yes or to only uninstall with --allow-remove-essential. Such a
solution would not only benefit adduser but also any future packages marked
with Protected:yes.

Thanks!

cheers, josch