More apt bugs

  Two more things I just noticed:

  (a) Running "update" fails with the message
   "/usr/lib/apt/methods/ftp not found"  I looked and, sure enough, there is
   no /usr/lib/apt/methods/ftp.  But there wasn't before and apt worked just
   fine.  Where can I get it?

  (b) I finally figured out how those mysterious columns to the left work.
   They're toggles, right?  Toggle [D]elete on/off, [K]eep on/off, etc.  But
   why toggles?  I was trying to click on the K column to set my packages which
   I accidentally tried to [D]elete back to [K]eep.  I had to click on Delete.
   I can't see any case where I would want to have a package set for two states
   simultaneously, and I don't think Apt will let me.  I reiterate my earlier
   suggestion: please, please, if you do nothing else, _represent state changes
   with a set of radio buttons_.  The current system is entirely broken.  I
   suggest maybe putting the buttons _below_ the tabbed
   Description/Related/Special/Other area. (incidentally, all those tabs
   except Description are empty)
     Do something about this though, it's the most fundamental operation in
   a package manager and is unnecesarily complicated by gnome-apt's current
   UI design.

     I love the Debian package system, and I don't want gnome-apt to become
   another dselect.  Please go over the entire UI several times :-)  It's
   functional but it could be usable as well with a little work.

    Daniel