Re: Removing old unmaintained X drivers

Le jeudi 26 septembre 2013 à 23:26 +0200, Julien Cristau a écrit :

> we (the debian X Strike Force) are thinking of removing the following
> packages from the archive, unless somebody steps up (soon) to take care
> of them.  The reason is they see 0 testing, nobody maintains them
> upstream, if you're lucky people keep some of them building when APIs
> change, if you're very lucky they get a release with all the build fixes
> once in a while, and it's likely most of them don't have any users
> anymore.  While it would probably be easy to get them to stop FTBFS
> right now, it doesn't seem worth it to keep all of those drivers around
> with the maintenance overhead that comes with that if nobody's going to
> notice anyway.  So please speak up if you want to see one of these in
> jessie.

I have an old laptop which needs xserver-xorg-video-sis, so I would not
mind having this driver supported for one more release. I can provide
some help (e.g. testing on my specific hardware) if needed. On the other
hand, if keeping this driver is a lot of work, it's probably not worth
the trouble.

Thanks,

--
 .''`.    Sébastien Villemot