Re: G550 amd Xfree Problems

On Sat, Feb 08, 2003 at 06:47:53PM +0100, list@slums.dyndns.org wrote:
> >   # dpkg --get-selections | grep xfonts
>
> xfonts-100dpi                                   install
> xfonts-100dpi-transcoded                        install
> xfonts-75dpi                                    install
> xfonts-75dpi-transcoded                         install
> xfonts-abi                                      install
> xfonts-base                                     install
> xfonts-base-transcoded                          install
> xfonts-intl-european                            install
> xfonts-scalable                                 install
>
> I just cannot figure out the problem !

Perhaps one of the font packages I don't maintain did the wrong thing.

Try dpkg --purging xfonts-abi and xfonts-intl-european.

Then reinstall (with apt-get --reinstall install) the others.

This should set your fonts.dir files straight.

Test the X server and see if it works.  If it doesn't, tell this list.

If it does, reinstall xfonts-abi and xfonts-intl-european.

Then start the X server again.  If it's broken again, file a bug against
whichever font package broke the fonts.dir files.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |    A celibate clergy is an especially
Debian GNU/Linux                   |    good idea, because it tends to