Re: MoinMoin 2 Packaging (again)

Hi Paul,

Apologies, I've been sitting back way too long, basically burnt
out. I've not treated you fairly and didn't tell you where I was up
to.

I set up some mail filtering a while ago to help manage things, and it
looked like I messed up and auto-filed messages from you so I've not
been seeing them. I've just been prompted about your message earlier
today by another DD.

I'm really sorry. :-(

On Sun, Oct 29, 2023 at 10:28:26PM +0100, Paul Boddie wrote:
>Hello,
>
>About a month ago, I sent a mail to this list indicating that a packaging
>effort has been underway for MoinMoin 2, this being the successor to the
>software currently used by the Debian project to provide its wiki service.
>Several packages have been defined in repositories hosted by the Salsa
>service:
>
>https://salsa.debian.org/moin-team/
>
>One of the purposes of this effort was to offer a possible migration path from
>MoinMoin 1.9, which runs on Python 2, itself largely deprecated by Debian.
>>From discussion I have read, it does seem that interest in such a migration
>path is minimal, but I felt that a reminder should be sent that this work has
>been undertaken.
>
>I aim to unsubscribe from this list in the near future as I am not actively
>participating in the other activities discussed or logged on this list. If
>there is any interest in this work, please be encouraged to take the
>opportunity to respond to this message.

You've done some great work for us, and I thank you again publically
for that. If you're OK with that, let's get things picked up again?

Or I'd totally understand if you've lost patience here. :-(

You probably don't need to be subscribed to this list, either way.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are
 always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts."
   -- Bertrand Russell