Re: wiki.debian.org blocking virtualinternetaccess vpn

On Mon, 2014-12-15 at 02:51 +0100, caedes wrote:

> I understand it can be blocked in the future... and I'm sure you thought
> about this, but a blacklist for editing only would be effective at
> protecting from spammers while allowing readers from difficult ip
> domains (I know it's not the best solution but it's better than blocking
> read access...). I am a coder and might be able to help I don't know the
> situation anyways just trying to be constructive :).

Unfortunately the MoinMoin codebase doesn't have the option to blacklist
IPs for non-read-only actions while allowing reading.

If you have Python skills, it would be great if you could get MoinMoin
upstream to change the code in the MoinMoin.web.utils.check_forbidden
function so that it only applies to non-read-only actions.

--
bye,
pabs

https://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise